• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Considering joining up.

• Thread starter Thread starter Dirtysanchez
  • Start date Start date
D

Dirtysanchez

Hi all, I have a question!

Bascally I'm currently in the process of joining the Army and this weekend I was talking to a mate who is thinking of joining the RAF. We were looking at the RAF careers website and it struck me that the RAF looks more "appealing" than the Army (I never considered the RAF before as I didn't think the qualifications I left school with would be up to scratch, but it appears I was wrong).

My question is, can I transfer my application to the RAF? Or would I have to start again from the beginning? So far, I have gone away to ADSC (Army Development and Selection Center) and would've passed had I not been deferred for a previous medical problem that they wanted clarification on. The reports have come back and I'm clear to proceed.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice would be much appreciated.

M

Military_Muscle

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think any of your test results from the army recruitment process will be transferable. I know the RAF & Navy share some areas such as the Medical and Fitness test, however I believe the army doesn't.

I could be wrong, but it's probably worth just giving your AFCO a ring, unless someone on here proves me wrong.

Good Luck :PDT_Xtremez_26:

D

Dirtysanchez

Thanks for that, I'll give them a bell tomorrow. It's not a problem if I have to start again, so I'll see what they say. In the mean time, if anyone else has any input, please post it up :PDT_Xtremez_30:

C

Clerkbird

In some ways the RAF is better than the Army but it depends which trade within the RAF you wish to join. The grass always look greener than it sometimes actually is. Make sure you ask youself what you want from the armed forces and then weigh up the pros and cons between the 2 services.

Definately go see the AFCO.

By the way, been in RAF now for 15 yrs plus and still love it.

Good luck

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Hi all, I have a question!

Bascally I'm currently in the process of joining the Army and this weekend I was talking to a mate who is thinking of joining the RAF. We were looking at the RAF careers website and it struck me that the RAF looks more "appealing" than the Army (I never considered the RAF before as I didn't think the qualifications I left school with would be up to scratch, but it appears I was wrong).

My question is, can I transfer my application to the RAF? Or would I have to start again from the beginning? So far, I have gone away to ADSC (Army Development and Selection Center) and would've passed had I not been deferred for a previous medical problem that they wanted clarification on. The reports have come back and I'm clear to proceed.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice would be much appreciated.

Speak to the RAF AFCO soonest. You will need to apply from scratch again, but you can pull out of Army recruitment at any time you want if you decide its not for you.

D

Dirtysanchez

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm heading down the the AFCO tomorrow to arrange everything. Somehow, I think my Army recruiter is going to be.......not best pleased.

M

milothesuperdog

Didn't realise my previous post would be considered inappropriate... pardon me mods...

S

Saffa

How long does the recruitment process take? I am looking at joining the army but the RAF Reg looks much better. I know how long the army selection process takes for infantry and am just wondering if its more or less the same?

Cheers.:PDT_Xtremez_26:

Last edited:
Back