• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Constantly striving to justify my despair!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Bucc Boy
  • Start date Start date
B

Bucc Boy

Not that there is any confusion as to the techies dismay at the recent raising of so many trade groups into the higher pay band, I thought of this scenario to put things into perspective.

Forget techies and imagine they don’t even exist for a moment. We will now simply deal with the non trades ie those without Chief Tech rank, (SAC(T) is another episode).

The big Sgt to FS promotion boards are coming up and the financial and seniority implications are immense. Obviously people’s whole futures are in the balance. What could possibly pi55 off these highly paid airmen.

How about trade group ‘X’ had a trade sponsor who could run rings around Gilbert Blades and somehow managed to manufacture a justification for deleting the rank of Sergeant! Yes from now on promotion will be straight from Cpl to FS with all the benefits included (but only for TG ‘X’).

Gradually more and more trade sponsors got on the bandwagon and before you knew it there were only 3 or 4 trade groups left with the pointless, unfair and financially disadvantaging rank of Sgt.

The RAF was not sympathetic, enter the phrase ‘if you don’t like it you know where the door is’.

Hence my point. With the retention on additional ranks in the techie trades………and the imaginary scenario above, all I can say from the present day techies is…….

Welcome to our fcuking world!!!

Get over it? Nah, I'm getting 'fcuking' out of it!

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Hehehhe

I think there might be thread creep and the ming mongs will come and look what techies are saying :PDT_Xtremez_15:

This might go to the fight club or even worse the bitter club but does explain it in a better way of what is trying to be said.
At least if the officer core are reading this then at least they will understand from a TG Techy point of few.

Back