• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Contacting my drafter

• Thread starter Thread starter mumbles
  • Start date Start date
M

mumbles

I'm not sure if this is affecting other trades or in fact even true but I'll put it out there anyway. I'm an SAC heavy and we've recently been told at work that we are no longer allowed to contact the drafter ourselves- it has to be a SNCO or above!!
I only heard it 'on the grapevine' and was wondering if its something that anybody else has heard about? I remember a while back something similar but I thought at the time that was due to the fact that a board had recently sat?

Any info would be much appreciated, or abuse to be fair!!!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I've heard the same only recently though I've not seen anything concrete yet.

M

monobrow

You may be at one of the bases where Project Apollo is in force, in which case for juniors, your chief clerk is your drafter (essentially).

The Logitician

Corporal
We had 'Project Apollo' start last Sept, as a trial until December. Well December came along and now its set in stone. Its a right pain, gone are the days when you can phone the drafter to see whats going on, or wanting to get away from your arse of a SNCO without them knowing.

:PDT_Xtremez_25:

J

Justacabbie

As part of the Through Service Career Management (TSCM) plan, Project APOLLO will commence at RAF ********** wef 26 May 09. Further details on the rationale concerning TSCM is detailed below, however the initial impact on personnel is that the Open Door system for Cpl’s and below has been transferred from the Career Manager at Manning to the unit HR staff. A number of TG17 SNCO's now have the facility to gain information from the Project APOLLO portal on the Manning website. The attached information details how Project APOLLO will be implemented at RAF ********** and who are the points of contact.

ETC ETC Blah Blah

Seems the door's closing buddy, hope this clarifies your question. Ask your unit HR if Apollo is on your unit

Last edited:
M

mumbles

Ha ha yeah they can't stop you trying to move but, if they know your trying and it falls through it could make for some interesting sjars and doing more than a fair share of bogs or lits capture!!

KingGuin

Sergeant
The older of us Goaters will remember this was always the way until early 2000. Its reintroduction means less work for the drafters (so they can concentrate on your career management - allegedly) and greater powers for the Chf Clk who, in theory, is better placed to assist.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Ha ha yeah they can't stop you trying to move but, if they know your trying and it falls through it could make for some interesting sjars and doing more than a fair share of bogs or lits capture!!

If they did do that there are many avenues open to you to redress the situation. SJARs? Don't make me laugh! If anything was in writing, the fools would be found wanting. Extra LITS capture? Wow, what imagination. If you have SNCOs that would do that sort of sh1te, it's laughable.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If they did do that there are many avenues open to you to redress the situation. SJARs? Don't make me laugh! If anything was in writing, the fools would be found wanting. Extra LITS capture? Wow, what imagination. If you have SNCOs that would do that sort of sh1te, it's laughable.

He certainly has got some SNCOs like that - I was unfortunate enought to meet some of them during my time in the desert!

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Yeah I heard from the Squadron this week the exact same.

I guess being on high pay band now for the adminer drafters ,they have no need to work any more and give advice to disgruntled airmen, instead its Friday down the golf course blowing off the Wobbly

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
The information is still available - just from a different area and importantly face to face. You can pretty much guarantee to speak to your Chf Clk, when was the last time you could get through on the phone to the drafter? Nobody is losing anything here, just getting the info in a different (Better imo) way.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
In simple language the open door became an open window and then..... Closed.

Like on the golf course it became a back door open policy for career movements then it closed when the expenses were finished.

I am just jealous i was not invited tot he golf day out

Back