• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CP4 Colour Blind

• Thread starter training_harder
  • Start date
T

training_harder

I was tested for colour blindness today and was told I am CP4. The problem comes when looking at the white and green light on the lantern test. Red and green didn't seem to pose a problem. Currently I am recruiting into the 609 reserve gunner regiment at Leeming, while waiting for the RAFP to start recruiting in 2012/13. This has put the breaks on as you need CP3 to do both those trades (gutted).

I have sat the aptitude test with a score of 73 and the recruiter said I'd scored in all sections and had made the grade for RAFP and gunner.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on which trades would be available to me. I'm also 30 next month, which I know limits my range but joining is a real ambition.

Thanks

Al

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I was tested for colour blindness today and was told I am CP4. The problem comes when looking at the white and green light on the lantern test. Red and green didn't seem to pose a problem. Currently I am recruiting into the 609 reserve gunner regiment at Leeming, while waiting for the RAFP to start recruiting in 2012/13. This has put the breaks on as you need CP3 to do both those trades (gutted).

I have sat the aptitude test with a score of 73 and the recruiter said I'd scored in all sections and had made the grade for RAFP and gunner.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on which trades would be available to me. I'm also 30 next month, which I know limits my range but joining is a real ambition.

Thanks

Al

Are you sure?

If you pass red/green perception then it should be CP3 not CP4

I failed green/white and am CP3.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Are you sure?

If you pass red/green perception then it should be CP3 not CP4

I failed green/white and am CP3.

Agree with you I am CP4 red/gree defective, blind as a bat when it comes to colours. My latest boss is going nuts as he has his nice little charts in nice little colours which I can't see, it's driving him up the wall. Saves me doing his stats.

B

Beville

It would appear my post has also been mentioned,

However, like some have said, there's not much choice for us in CP4.

Personnel Support is available, as is Supplier. They're the only two firm options I've been informed of, I also believe Medic is available.

Hope that'll help, I also had dreams of RAFP but that got ruined for me too!