• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Criminal Convictions

S

stealemar

Contacted the relavant people, and it is now sorted!

Last edited:

snowball1

Sergeant
Hello,

I was hoping to join the RAF as an officer, however, I have some previous convictions, which are all spent... I.e. breach of the peace x 3 (all of which happened about 8 years ago on different occasions), assault (due to a bar fight which happened about 7 years ago) and a DR10 which happened 6 years ago (I was only 1 pint over the limit and thought that I'd be okay to drive as I only had 1 mile to go and it was about 2 am).

Does anyone know if these spent convictions would be a bar to my application, and if I should even let them know that I have these spent convictions? And, if I don't woudl they find out, and if so, what would happen then?

Cheers!

You sound just what the RAF needs in it's officer corp!

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I have a feeling that the assault charge pretty much puts a stop to your aspirations, check with an AFCO to make sure but I have feeling you may told to ensure the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
If they are spent

If they are spent

If they are spent then you do not need to declare them unless you are going for a conviction free branch or trade.

Without passing judgement on you in any kind of way you're going to have to apply and find out if you make it through the system.

Good Luck

S

stealemar

If they are spent then you do not need to declare them unless you are going for a conviction free branch or trade.

Without passing judgement on you in any kind of way you're going to have to apply and find out if you make it through the system.

Good Luck

Cheers mate!

To be honest, I shouldn't have been charged with the assault as I was the one who was started on in the first place (which was mentioned in court) all I got was a 150 pound fine. Same with the breach of the peaces, only small fines.

The DR10, however, was a 12 month ban and a 150 pound fine. It was a really stupid thing to do (could have easily got a taxi) and I regret it.