• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Regt. manning?

Hi guys.

Im new to the site and wondering if anyone can help with a question i have.

Does anyone know what current manning levels are like and whether
or to what degree the Regt. are recruiting?
I read posts of people saying both they are toppers and not recruiting but also saying they need people but both posts were from quite a while ago so not sure what levels are like now.

Many thanks

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Current situation for recruiting isn't the best. Your local AFCO will be able to give you the most up to date information.

However, looking here http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/ it still states that Regiment Officers are a priority role. It was told to me the other day that at my base they have 2 fresh out of the box Rocks with a degree, 1 in law and the other in some other impressive subject and not some Mickey Mouse media studies rubbish. That in Layman terms says that the RAF as it stands (indeed the other 2 services as well) can pick and choose who joins to ensure they get the best.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if they constantly recruit but with higher standards, or do they close recruitment for a period of time. I dont think il be able to think about joining for a while so hopefully it will quieten down for when i can apply

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
A bit of both

A bit of both

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if they constantly recruit but with higher standards, or do they close recruitment for a period of time. I dont think il be able to think about joining for a while so hopefully it will quieten down for when i can apply

They do a bit of both, there is no point raising the bar so high only rocket scientists are driving lorries.

Checking peoples motivation and dedication is just as important as checking their academics.

Back