• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Definitions

I need the correct Safety and Servicing Notes definitions of Inspect, Remove, Fit, Refit, Repair and Replace for a job I am doing at the moment.

I found Mr Mashers link in a thread along the same lines to the JAP definitions, but if I try to get anywhere past the front page it tells me the link isn't working.

Many thanks in advance

Jimps

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Try these jimps.

Inspect - Measure, examine, test, gauge and compare the item with the applicable requirements. This a quality control activity and is normally undertaken by a supervisor. The supervisor is to determine that any work has been performed properly in accordance with the relevant authorized procedures and that the assessed condition of the item is correct

Remove - Correctly disconnect and detach the item from its mounting or position. This task is to be performed in accordance with authorized procedures and trade practices

Fit - Correctly attach the item to another. This task is to be performed in accordance with authorized procedures and trade practices

Refit - Fit the item which has previously been removed. This task is to be performed in accordance with authorized procedures and trade practices

Repair - Not listed

Replace - Remove the item and fit a new and/or servicable item. This task is to be performed in accordance with authorized procedures and trade practices

Taken from the Jag 5A2 though I doubt the meanings will alter much over time.
TB

Last edited:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Repair - To reconstruct a defective component or system to restore or exceed its original performance standard.

B

Bucc Boy

Used to love the entries on Job cards that said 'Item removed and replaced'.........what so you took it out twice but only put it back once......sh1t!!!!!! We’ve got one missing, raise a loose article. Unprofessional c0cks!!

Back