• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Delayed Write Failed

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Any geeking goaters got any idea what this is all about. Getting a myriad of pop up balloons warning of Windows - Delayed Write Failed and slowing this piece of crap up something chronic. No new added hardware or software and I'm not even accessing the seperate hard drive that is trying to save whatever piece of crap data it's trying to save. Googling the prob got tons of meaningless junk. Is the said seperate hard drive fcuked or what? Any ideas appreciated. Muchos Gracias.

A

Albert Park

Coohead,

Not sure what detective work you've done but .....

Are you using RAID? Are your drivers up to date?

Are your ribbon cables 40 pin or 80 pin? Any cable damage?

These are the things I would look at - just to eliminate them from my enquiries, so to speak.

Your concerns about your hard disk are not to be ignored. This utility monitors HDDs

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cheers AP but as I said, nothing has been touched and it has just started this nonsense over the last 24 hours. I have tried to check the disc and repair errors but windows says it cannot perform the operation after about 20 seconds. The omens are not good. Think I'll get a new one or 30GB of data will be up the swanee!!

M

monobrow

Not looking good for your drive eh?!?!?

Silly question, but is it an old drive? and have you moved it recently???

Reason being, most (if not all) have a cache, which is a place it can send data quick to. So In essence, it can write to the disk in a delayed fashion by bursting the data to the cache and then letting the disk catch up.

Sounds like this has gone t1ts mate or your BIOS settings have gone a bit wibble!

I also take it that when you sya check and fix errors, you opened the command line and whacked in chkdsk d: /f ????

Without seeing the pooter, theres not much to suggest really, except taking power off, opening the case, checking all your connections (paying particular attention to the flat grey ribbon cables) and seeing if that does anything!

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cheers Mono, didn't open the chkdsk command, used the tools option after right clicking the drive to check. Have done so now and it has deleted a ton of corrupt file record segments but there are still a load more it says are unreadable. Off to the pooter shop methinks before it goes down on me (ooer) completely. Ta muchly :PDT_Xtremez_28:

PS had no pop ups since I took the Folding sotware off which ZoneAlarm was saying naughty things about......... We'll see

Last edited:
Back