• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dell laptop warning

icarus

LAC
My Dell laptop has recently placed what appears to be some kind of warning onto my screen at the end of its start-up cycle.

It reads

Nkb Monitor.exe – System Error (alongside this is a red circle with a white cross inside it)
The program can’t start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix the problem.

This morning I uninstalled Real Player although I’ve encountered nothing untoward for the running of all programmes that I’ve so far used on my laptop today. Could the warning be as a result of this? Any advice as its meaning and how to get rid of it will be greatly received.

Regards,

Martina

G

grumpyoldb

Do a google search for MSVCR71.dll and there is plenty of info.
I once had a similar problem and it turned out that the driver was being removed by my AV prog.

Back