• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DES - Removal of military posts

• Thread starter Thread starter judderman
  • Start date Start date
J

judderman

Having received my letter from DES stating that my post is to be dis-established (along with several colleagues) as of 31 Mar 11, I was wondering how many other military posts are going within DES throughout the Airforce. Is this also not going to flood the 'market' with several Chfs/FS? Have the desks got any idea where they're going to put us all? Any redundancy rumours? Any thoughts on this out there?:PDT_Xtremez_02:

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having received my letter from DES stating that my post is to be dis-established (along with several colleagues) as of 31 Mar 11, I was wondering how many other military posts are going within DES throughout the Airforce. Is this also not going to flood the 'market' with several Chfs/FS? Have the desks got any idea where they're going to put us all? Any redundancy rumours? Any thoughts on this out there?:PDT_Xtremez_02:

Is your PT over the 20% military/civillian ratio?

My PT is on or below the 20% target, and to my knowledge no military posts have been lost. I know a nearby PT have had their numbers slashed (mostly REME).

J

judderman

Were above the 20% by quite a bit hence a huge cull, both RAF and Navy, this is not stopping those above trying to save the posts though.

My FS has spoken to his desk and was told manning had received a spread sheet of the dis-established posts which has, I quote 'hundreds of names on it'. Scary thought if they've got to find posts for 'hundreds' of people by 31 Mar 11, I thought every where was full.

If I'm wrong about this, and someone has more knowledge than myself on the subject, please enlighten me to whats going on!!!!

Last edited:

Chad Norman

Corporal
Just out of interest guys does DES just refer to the 'new' Abbey Wood or does it include other places?

Cheers

Chad

J

judderman

Quote 'Any of them on continuance or near the end of their terms of service?'

I'm no where near end of service, still got 11 Yrs to LOS 30, that's if I make that, getting a bit fed up now. I can't say thats true though for other PT's, most of my colleagues have around 3-10 yrs left.

I apologise, I do mean DE&S, just getting lazy with the typing, and I do believe it is across all PT's, especially as Metimmee said if they're over the 20% Mil/Civ ratio.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
DES is also at Wyton although lots at Wyton are moving to Abbeywood.

I think you find quite a lot has already gone either to Abbey wood, redundancy, or transfered to industry. Just as a point of interest DE&S have approximately 1000 vacant military posts!

J

judderman

I think you find quite a lot has already gone either to Abbey wood, redundancy, or transfered to industry. Just as a point of interest DE&S have approximately 1000 vacant military posts!

These 1000 posts, where are they, according to the Manning Position Register, (which Could be a lie), only 18 out of over 60 are vacant in my trade, less in others.

Maybe I'm blowing this all out of proportion, maybe not.........only time well tell.......

Back