• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Digital camcorders

E

enginesuck

Right dudes im after a camcorder in the new year. I want a digital jobby but nothing too expensive £300 ish quid max preferably less. Need it to be easy to use and easy software on the P.C. Any recomondations/suggestions?

Ideally i want to be able to make DVDs of my new nipper to send to the grandparents, and maybe a RAF vid of a forthcoming desert trip.

Cheers in advance ES

E

Edzar

Not got a digital video cam (got an old fashioned one I bought in 2000!!), but I do you have a digital camera which I often use to shoot short clips.

If you already have a digi camera with a decent no of pixels and only using it for short clips of the kid at home etc, why not just buy a larger memory card for it to store more onto it?

Not ideal, but an idea in the meantime!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Right dudes im after a camcorder in the new year. I want a digital jobby but nothing too expensive £300 ish quid max preferably less. Need it to be easy to use and easy software on the P.C. Any recomondations/suggestions?

Ideally i want to be able to make DVDs of my new nipper to send to the grandparents, and maybe a RAF vid of a forthcoming desert trip.

Cheers in advance ES

Try roaming around here mate, might find something you like at a good price.
Good hunting :pDT_Xtremez_28:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Cheers in advance ES

Surrrrreee thats what you want to use it for...I mean what else could you use a digi camcorder for eh?? wink wink nudge nudge :raf:

I'm guessing as optional extras you'll going for the tripod, remote control zoom and some lens cloths....

Red-Rock

Sergeant
You can pick up a decent dvd camcorder for under £300 these days. I have a Panasonic one and it is brilliant. Dump the movies straight from the small disc onto my pc and then compile everything and burn it onto a normal dvd. Robert is your mums brother, done.

E

enginesuck

Picked up a Sony job for £220 quid a couple of days ago... well happy with it. Excellent editing programme too.

Cheers