• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Discharge Medical

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I have my discharge medical this afternoon.

Any tips from Goaters on stuff worth mentioning during the medical in case of future litigation?

I know my med notes state that I complained of sore back during Cranwell, (and I get the odd sore back now and again). Worth mentioning?

G

gemarriott

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
I have my discharge medical this afternoon.

Any tips from Goaters on stuff worth mentioning during the medical in case of future litigation?

I know my med notes state that I complained of sore back during Cranwell, (and I get the odd sore back now and again). Worth mentioning?

don't know if you worked with any hazardous substances such as MEK, Trike etc. worth a mention especially as findings now indicate some of these are liked to chronic conditions later in life. Also have your hearing checked thoroughly as claims for partial deafness caused by jet engines and firing small arms are harder to prove. so any evidence of deterioration from your time in is worth collecting now.

Bon chance

wally375

Corporal
When you do get out contact the British Legion about your hearing if you can and they will sort you out.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

gemarriott said:
don't know if you worked with any hazardous substances such as MEK, Trike etc. worth a mention especially as findings now indicate some of these are liked to chronic conditions later in life. Also have your hearing checked thoroughly as claims for partial deafness caused by jet engines and firing small arms are harder to prove. so any evidence of deterioration from your time in is worth collecting now.

Bon chance

good advice, however, my username includes BEngO which gives you a clue as to my trade. As for hazrdous chemicals - the most harmful I ever handled was wet ink and whiteboard markers in Rects Control, and the worst hazard I was ever likely to encounter was a papercut from a leave pass!!

Good gen on the hearing test though. I will insist on one although I have been on the hearing testing scheme for past 4 years, there should be some traceability if I have started to go mutton geoff. The VC10s were noisy beasts. Beautiful, but noisy