• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Doing an extra A-level, or can I use my degree?

I have applied to the ABM role but have been told I cannot proceed as I do not meet the educational requirements [2 x A-Level at A-C], which I didn't meet due to extenuating circumstances. Is it acceptable to complete another A-level [I am now 25] to add to my application, or can my degree which I will be completing in a years time be used in lieu of two A-Levels?
I would go to my local AFCO but I'm currently out of the country.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Geography [BSc]. I was previously employed in civi flight ops & planning.

Cool. I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing a "Mickey Mouse" degree. Assuming you pass, therefore, you will not need the A Level (but please remember this advice is good today, it may be different a year from now).

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
I have applied to the ABM role but have been told I cannot proceed as I do not meet the educational requirements [2 x A-Level at A-C], which I didn't meet due to extenuating circumstances. Is it acceptable to complete another A-level [I am now 25] to add to my application, or can my degree which I will be completing in a years time be used in lieu of two A-Levels?
I would go to my local AFCO but I'm currently out of the country.

Why not spend a little less time in the Union Bar and do both? I daresay it might help if you join the UAS going for the air experience option rather than pilot training as such.

I'm in the OTC rather than UAS [was originally planning on joining the Pongos], plus am already a qualified pilot, Mountain Leader and rock climbing instructor. Can't find the Union bar...

I'm in the OTC rather than UAS [was originally planning on joining the Pongos], plus am already a qualified pilot, Mountain Leader and rock climbing instructor. Can't find the Union bar...

You have done all of this as well as a degree in geography, and still you have not been able to read the campus map to find the bar!!!!

FOMz

Warrant Officer

Well I have to ask, if you are already hold a PPL, why aren't you in or thinking about joining the UAS?

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
You have done all of this as well as a degree in geography, and still you have not been able to read the campus map to find the bar!!!!

Perhaps he means he can't find his way back to the bar and needs to brush up on his navigation-when-plastered (always useful if an alert is called after a dining-in night). Obviously, this is just the chap they're looking for!

(I was once stopped in the street near Plymouth station by a vanload of Naval Police and asked for directions. Makes yer think...)

:PDT_Xtremez_43:

G

gemarriott

fcuk me it is Superman:PDT_Xtremez_39:

Back