• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

dream job not an option?

daisy1012

LAC
i want to become a pti but i have a medical history of an eating disorder and self harm, its totally fine now and have been fine for over a year, would the raf in anyway overlook these? it seems like my dream job and is what spurred me to get over my problems, ive trained hard and its not as if it was down to not being able to cope with stress...any suggestions?

Liggy

LAC
Not to be rude or anything but what age are you?

The RAF don't check your medical history as far as I know. They'll just ask you about your history during your medical. Contact your local AFCO and ask them.

LilStill

Sergeant
You need to speak to your local AFCO in confidence. We're not equipped on this website to help you with a question of that nature and importance. Best of luck to you.

KingGuin

Sergeant
Medicated for illness and remain so - declare.
Medicated previously but no longer you may have to declare - depends when you stopped.
Not medicated, no reason to declare.

The crux will present itself if you are asked if you have or ever had any mental illness. Base your response on the knowledge that your medical history will be reviewed.

Its not a show stopper, I know several people with similar conditions who still serve. Good luck.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Any history of clinical depression is currently a bar to entry.

Don't declare it, and get found out (and it is likely you will be found out) and you'll be discharged for falsely attesting.

Also, bear in mind there are moves afoot to get all potential recruits medical history as part of the recruiting process...

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Back