• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream Posting

• Thread starter Thread starter J.G.
  • Start date Start date

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
J.G. said:
Hi, I'm hoping to get in the RAF as an AMM sometime in the near future.

Wanted to ask those of you currently serving as techies, AMMs etc - where are the best stations to get posted at and why?

I would recommend RAF Lossiemouth in Scotland. They have an amazing Cpl there in the RAF Regiment Flt.

AndyZ

Sergeant
Bitburger said:
I would recommend RAF Lossiemouth in Scotland. They have an amazing Cpl there in the RAF Regiment Flt.

A great place for a nite out too, I believe the bowl is the hot spot

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
It doesn't matter too much, wherever you get posted you will be working on a first line sqn , and are going to spend a fair amount of time in sandy places.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
J.G. said:
Hi, I'm hoping to get in the RAF as an AMM sometime in the near future.

Wanted to ask those of you currently serving as techies, AMMs etc - which are the best stations to get posted at and why?

The other (non aircraft) techies, CIS, Communication & Information Systems Techs can go to A Large American airbase in southern Germany, It`s about the best in the RAF. Only 2 years left (Boo Hoo)

R

reddeathdrinker

I was under the impression it was the Admin Blunties that got to go to the "good" places these days. NATO HQ's, New York, Embassies worldwide......

As a good Chiefy-Fearing techie, the only good posting I can get is VASS at Cyprus or Gib, and that's a long wait.

You'll get to indicate your posting preferences at Cosford, but believe you me, you'll go where there's an opening.

Good luck though. When you're posted to Ice Station Kilo (ie Kinloss), I'll say Hi!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
J.G. said:
Shame, but as I'm trying to get in as an AMM I guess it wouldn't matter to me.

I quite fancy Typhoons at Coningsby.

We have AMM's on the sqn, most are bored with it already...as on another thread they don't seem to want to be in the RAF and pop home every weekend.

Surely it can't be that hard to get in as an AMM ?

mightyhunter

Sergeant
Ice Station Kilo:
when it was still 6 on, 6 off......
when rum punch was still running..
when i could go to beer calls every three days...

R

reddeathdrinker

mightyhunter said:
Ice Station Kilo:

Like it was when I first got there.......

Oh well, rough with the smooth, LEAN is good, resistance is futile, and all that malarky.......

That could be my dream posting in fact. 6 on, 6 off, plenty Rum Punch / Harmala action, beer calls when people actually went to them......

F

FairyGoodGuy

mightyhunter said:
Ice Station Kilo:

Sounds good to me... the best thing was only working 6 months of the year and putting 12 days leave for a whole month off work.... ACE. You could go 2-3 months without seeing one of your pals with dets and leave it was like they had been posted........

Still we are told lean is a good thing............ me thinks NOT

S

student-grant

Lynx fixing CRAB b@stard said:
Sounds good to me... the best thing was only working 6 months of the year and putting 12 days leave for a whole month off work.... ACE. You could go 2-3 months without seeing one of your pals with dets and leave it was like they had been posted........

Still we are told lean is a good thing............ me thinks NOT

now that was heaven .............dont think i could go back there now ........unless they change the shift back ..........even the old week days /nights/evenings was good .........full week off every five :PDT_Xtremez_14: :PDT_Xtremez_14:

BAWBAG

LAC
Ho Ho

Ho Ho

mightyhunter said:
Ice Station Kilo:

Quick someone get to the penstock valves Kev's just had a fuel spill. How much was he putting in?

None he was defuelling it!!

How?
We'll never know!!!

Back