• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DWR waiting times

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I've had a chorker!! :raf: DWR for Al Udeid 20 months before LTA date (16 before Reserve). How long are other people being nobbled in advance? (I WILL BE PVRing, Cats will be gone and I have other plans, this was the straw that broken the camels back!)

Realist78

Master of my destiny
dwr waiting times

dwr waiting times

Guys whinge about short notice OOAs, this is so much notice, can PMA win on this one???:PDT_Xtremez_17:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I've had a chorker!! :raf: DWR for Al Udeid 20 months before LTA date (16 before Reserve). How long are other people being nobbled in advance? (I WILL BE PVRing, Cats will be gone and I have other plans, this was the straw that broken the camels back!)
Last time I was DWR'd I got a signal giving me 18 months notice - less than 3 weeks later I was in the departures lounge at Nize Brorton

Time flies when you're enjoying yourself

Chilliboy

SAC
Perhaps I'm being cynical but maybe it's PMAs way of bypassing the DWR credits system. If you deploy more than 90 days over the next 12 months.... tough, your DWR still stands because you had already been informed and it's 'your' fault that you have been deployed since (because 'Excuse me sir, but I can't go to (insert sh1thole here) because I'm DWR'd' will always get you off a det)

O

Olovv

would you have prefered 3 months notice?

and Bagdad?

some people are never happy

Grand Prix fanatic..
a real liney would...

ah no you were almost a splitter

Sorry mate, I did one with 16 hours notice (the day England won in Cardiff for the first time in 27 Years!)

Anyway I've already been away from from the wife and kids 180 days since April, on a unit that has only had a limited shelf life and was not the move to drag them with me. Nobody knows WTF is going on with their lives at the moment and while we should hear sooner than later, we all have to face the PMA lottery again!!:PDT_Xtremez_25:

M

maxvon

I take it the choice not to move your family was your idea....so 180 days is your fault...I would love to have had 18 months notice before my OOAs and "the deed" aint that bad is it!!! Could always do top cover in Basra!!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer

I came to Bosnia with 5 weeks notice, most of which was taken up with pre-deployment training.

BTW, if you PVR now, you will still have to complete your OOA commitment. Them's the rules.

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant

I really can't see what you are complaining about, beats the hell out of 6 weeks notice IMHO.

Not DWR, but my old Sqn has a permanent OOA commitment met by a regular turnover of Sqn manpower (roughly 2 mnths on 4 off depending on rank/trade). I spent most of my 90 day promotion and posting lead time out there, managed to get home 10 days before I moved. Mrs TLS was NOT a happy bunny:PDT_Xtremez_08:

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
BTW, if you PVR now, you will still have to complete your OOA commitment. Them's the rules.

I don't think they'll stop you leaving, they'll just bring your OOA forward. Might work to your advantage.

I

itallsucks

I just found out I was going to the falklands today, I leave in less than 2 weeks time. I got told I was going as I handed in my PVR, what a bummer to otherwise great day.

Grand Prix fanatic..
I don't think they'll stop you leaving, they'll just bring your OOA forward. Might work to your advantage.

If they do, good. I did the preps on Friday and all the agenicies were laughed at the timescale (every thing they signed for would be out of date!). PVR paperwork is just waiting to find out destiny of the Cats. Hopefully this week!!

Back