• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ebay Bidding Tools

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having sat and watched something I really wanted for the last week I have been yet again pipped by what I reckon is someone using a tool to bid with...(last two seconds of the auction the price flies up to just the right price for them)

Talk to me about such things so I may also partake of this sneaky occupation!?

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Ebay sniper

Something like this

https://www.ezsniper.com/

That's one of the more popular ones but think it's US but here are some UK ones also

http://m.techradar.com/news/internet/the-best-free-and-paid-ebay-sniper-software-667696

Last edited:

J Y Kelly

Corporal
A the end of the auction the other guy was prepared to pay more than you. Don't get drawn into a bidding war. Once you have researched the item you want, you should have an idea of its worth, eBay isn't always the cheapest. Then decide on the maximum price you want to pay, bid once, don't bid in round numbers and bid late (or use a sniping tool.)

iainrm

Corporal
bidnapper

bidnapper

I have used bidnapper.com for several years with both ebay.com and .co.uk.
Great tool also help you avoid "bidding fever" fix your price and forget about it also has an option to list several similar items and stop bidding when one is won.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I have used BayGenie in the past, with great success.
The only downside to the software is that you have to leave your computer switched on for it to place the bid.

I found that it did increase my chances of wining auctions at a lower price by bidding 5 seconds before the auction ended, and it also makes sure that you do not get tempted to overspend.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Stopped shopping on ebay a while ago but a sniper is the tool you want.

Put in your max bid and let it put it in at around 5 seconds to go, if it goes you've not paid more than you wanted to and if you get it you haven't been involved in a bidding war.

By the way if it was a Brompton folding bike I've heard there's a good one being listed this weekend.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
dont bid or show any interest in the auction and bid a random amount i.e. 5.67 in the last 10 secs. if you dont win bid on the next one, look for ones that end at odd times.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Also look for mis-spelt listings. I'm sure there is a site that searches for these.

Busby - why are you selling the bike? Always liked them as a bit of engineering but not sure I would ever use one!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Also look for mis-spelt listings. I'm sure there is a site that searches for these.

Busby - why are you selling the bike? Always liked them as a bit of engineering but not sure I would ever use one!

Bought the bike for multi modal commuting into Cambridge, now have a permanent position that I have to drive to in Huntingdon so cannot afford to have £600 worth of bike getting dusty in the garage. It`s an amazing bike for what it does and I`ve tried to convince myself not to sell, but cannot justify it any more as I`ve already got a fine bouncy trek and a road bike.

Sent with predictive text, apologies for bad wording

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
I use Gixen.com . I also set my maximum bid to be just over the 'round pound' mark, e.g. £5.10, just in case there are other snipers out there with £5.00 bids in the waiting. There is some entertainment value to be had watching the clock count down and seeing a sniper being sniped. Not that it has ever happened to me ... b@stard!!! ::/:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Always drink 2 bottles of red before you go on e-bay.

You never lose an auction after that.

Gnasher

LAC
goofbay.comSniping tool, misspelling tool, prety much any tool you'd want to use on ebay.Also, apologies for the slight 'old thread resurrection'.

Back