• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Educational opportunity in the job

• Thread starter Thread starter tenakakhan1989
  • Start date Start date
T

tenakakhan1989

Hi evry1, ive just joined the forum and this is my first post, so hey! SO I was wondering if I join the RAF as an Aircraft Technician (Airman) will I actually get to travel and do adventure sports like parachute jumping and mountaineering or is the careers website misleading?
I heard that some people who join up never actually leave the UK?! And with the sports, is it like only some bases have opportunites for certain sports etc and its like luck where you get to go and what you can experience?
Thanks in advance for your feedback : )

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You'll get plenty of opportunity to travel - believe me!

As for adventure training/parachute courses etc - so long as your bosses are happy for you to go then there are ample opportunities - courses etc are regularly advertised in the gym or on Station webpages.

Back