• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EOD Golden Hello

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sooooo...

Anybody taken up the offer of £5000 to do the man 1 course? What about the £50000 High Threat bonus, with two 6 month high threat tours to follow in the 'Stan I'll pass thanks....

But I must admit for the first time ever, with the EOD pay too, 5131 seemed almost tempting...

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Any plumber that doesn't go for it surely should be thrown out of the trade...

You guys talk the talk - now walk the walk!!!! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Pikeman

Cider one of the five
1000+ Posts
Got to be honest I have thought about it. However, the choice seems to be, go for it and risk getting blown up.

Go for it and my wife will definately remove my B***s :PDT_Xtremez_21:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Interesting. I don't see ATs getting 50k for ht courses.

They do get very fast promotion though!

I believe the pongo EOD cadre is under huge pressure so they finally caved in and let the other two services partake!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm very surprised my brother hasn't banged on about it then! How recent is it? Maybe it hasn't been widely disseminated yet?

lurkio

LAC
I probably would have been tempted if I was still in but I'm stupid, my Mrs would be the sensible one and stop me.

Not even 2 year's wages and 90% of all of those getting the chop out there are getting it from IEDs and they are trying to avoid the bloody things! 50K to go and play on purpose with them starts to look pretty slim to me.

kev827

LAC
I know of a couple of Tg4 techs who have gone away to do some course with the EOD guys,
From what i understand they will be laying about 20m from the guy probing the ground and cutting the wire.

I know of a couple of Tg4 techs who have gone away to do some course with the EOD guys,
From what i understand they will be laying about 20m from the guy probing the ground and cutting the wire.

I may have missed something here, but what benefits would a TG4 JNCO who opet for this role get? Is there really a massive bonus for the job?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I may have missed something here, but what benefits would a TG4 JNCO who opet for this role get? Is there really a massive bonus for the job?

No bonus for that job, they just trawled for volunteers.

paveway

LAC
The money is added on top of your normal wage which then takes you into the higher tax bracket. I think out of the £50,000 you would see roughly £30,000.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Years ago maybe when I was young,single,angry and know everything about the World better than the Superiors and have pound signs in the eyelids.....

Married and moved on a bit to the sensible stage. I'll pass thanks and that's even as a TG4 sitting behind the Guy in front if only for my Wife's benefit.

EOD bonus

EOD bonus

At the moment, it's only applicable to armourers. However, the army has opened it up to all trades and not the usual RE/RLC.

On the man 1 course I was on (which I dismally failed!!) I think there was a medic and an RMP on the aptitude/selection cse. Given the very low successful pass rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they opened it up to all RAF trades.

Back