• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Epson DX7400 all in one problems

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Having problems using the default Vista printing thingy. It's like the XP one that lets you print a directory full of photo's 4 billion to a page etc.....

Anyway, it prints part of the first two photies ( I'm doing 4 to a page of A4) the chucks out blank paper. Can anyone suggest something to fix this ?

Problem 2, the scanner part won't work. I think the slide is locked, but I cannot for the life of me see how to remove the transit lock ! :PDT_Xtremez_25:

Please help before it becomes sun fuel !

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
A bit obvious i know have you the instructions to hand try the bit about unpacking of the item normally lists where all transit locks are and how to remove them.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
A bit obvious i know have you the instructions to hand try the bit about unpacking of the item normally lists where all transit locks are and how to remove them.

Unfortunately it only came with the idiot bit about plugging cable A into socket B and installing drivers before plugging it in. I searched the box but there was nothing else in or on it. Mrs B bought it in Tesco as an end of line clearance which is why I'm asking the Goat if anyone else has one.

The thing that bugs me the most is I can SEE the bloody transit lock, I just can't get into it although the hammer is starting to talk to me !

I can't see a transit lock as it scans in photocopier mode

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
The pdf is the sheet from in the box, neither of them mention a transit lock. The second link deals with software and connection problems. It must be something really simple I have overlooked as it isn't in the paperwork :PDT_Xtremez_41:

The error message I get states:

"cannot properly communicate with scanner. The carriage unit may be locked depending on your scanner model.
Make sure the scanner is properly connected and set up to scan. Then, turn the scanner off and back on again"

Have you missed any of the locking tags that are attached for transit. I've just got the DX4450 and there were shed loads in that. I would imagine yours and mine wont be a million miles apart in the way they are built so i'll go see have a look at mine now to see if there is anything obvious

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Have you missed any of the locking tags that are attached for transit. I've just got the DX4450 and there were shed loads in that. I would imagine yours and mine wont be a million miles apart in the way they are built so i'll go see have a look at mine now to see if there is anything obvious

The photocopier aspect works, but it just won't scan..... piece of junk ::/: : I used to rate Epson :PDT_Xtremez_25:

A

a4andrew

fixed - change the usb connection from the usb hub to the computer directly

fixed - change the usb connection from the usb hub to the computer directly

I got the same problem with my epson cx8400 and just simply plugged it directly into the computer as opposed to through the usb hub and that fixed the problem. (though it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. I have been using this all-in-one printer for about 3 years, mostly for scanning).

Back