• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ETIAS introduction.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Seems the ETIAS that was due in 2022 has been pushed to the right once again to 2025.

7 euros a pop and over a billion travellers, That's a fair chunk of change being generated for the EU.

Another tax "for your safety". Wonder which EU crony is the CEO of the companies that are producing the technology required to process all these applications and record our fingerprints and photos. Look out for data leaks in future.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's been in the planning since April 2016 so it's not a new concept.

I don't know how the concept applied to pre referendum Britain particularly as we were never signed up to Schengen. Neither has Ireland so how ETIAS is going to work there is something I'll be watching closely because I frequently travel to Shannon from the UK, which is already covered by the CTA.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Was thinking that Shengen or EU, but just got stamps for Cyprus so probably for all.

Be nice to not have to get stamps as I’m already half way through a 10 year passport 3 years in and thats without any visas.

Also be good if it opens up the egates to UK travellers just like we allow the EU to use ours.

Back