• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Evening All

• Thread starter Thread starter Millers
  • Start date Start date
M

Millers

Right here goes. I'm 27 soon to be 28 and am considering a move to the RAF. Its something i should have carried through as a spotty 19 year old but the ex stamped her thumb on my head and I binned the idea.

I realise that at 27 I will be regarded as "old" in possibly joining, but has anyone else got personal experience of joining at a later age. So far NC Aircrew as a crewman has caught my eye along with with a few other options.

C

Crabbity Ann

Not personally but I joined up with and eventually worked alongside a guy and girl who joined at 24 and 27. The only differences that I noticed about them were that they were less 'IT aware' than the young 'uns so struggled with some of the training but they seemed to hold more respect from their superiors because they were more mature and sensible in their attitude to work.

Also, I think they felt the pressure to get promoted quicker so they weren't 35+ and still SAC :PDT_Xtremez_09:

Good Luck!

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Right here goes. I'm 27 soon to be 28 and am considering a move to the RAF. Its something i should have carried through as a spotty 19 year old but the ex stamped her thumb on my head and I binned the idea.

I realise that at 27 I will be regarded as "old" in possibly joining, but has anyone else got personal experience of joining at a later age. So far NC Aircrew as a crewman has caught my eye along with with a few other options.

Nope, you are not too old. I've seen people join up in 30's. You will have the people experience that will possibly make any career path you take more liable to be faster that the young uns. Its in your court..

T

Trillian

I've been told that some trades (especially medical side of things) have no age limits at all. You have to be fit of course.

I guess you might feel the need to prove yourself more, and hopefully your life experience will help you out. Starting with why you'd let your ex get away with that! (I've been there too, am starting out again at 30!)

Trillian

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The only barriers that will realistically stop you from joining, will be ones that you put up yourself.

The RAF is a meritocracy, you get promoted on merit, not your age.

If you meet all the criteria and you can handle a possibly lower wage for a while whilst in training, the world is your lobster.

Back