• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ex-Army Pay Questions

Monkey

LAC
Hi I was in the army for 7 years where I reached the dizzy heights of L/Cpl. I have been out for 3 years now I had a great job earning loads working for a bank, however now I have managed to singlehandedly bring down the economy I thought I would jump ship. I'm so bored being in an office all day.
I have no problems with going back to week one, day one as a recruit and trying to climb the slippery pole, but what happens about the time I have already serviced.
Will that count as time served as pay increments, will my army pension be separate or will they merge, will I retire earlier.
I have tried the ACFO but they will not give me any answers, has any re-joined after some time off.

As a former member of the Army you will still need to start training from day 0 and do the full 9 weeks at Halton (even transfees do). Your former Service will count for a pension (unless the ruling has change in the last year), but it will also mean the inital engagement you will sign on for will be less (in your case it possibly will be 5 years making a total of 12 all together, the RAF do not sign people on to the full pensionable engagement like the Army initially). You will however, not go in at the lowest rank (AC) but will be a LAC from the second day of training. I cannot give a clear answer as to the level of pay you will go in at as it is different in each case (the AFCO may be able to speak to the RAF former service cell to give a clearer indication, a copy of your last Army payslip if you still have one may help).

Monkey

LAC
Thanks woollymouse that is quite helpful, I have just passed my testing and interviews, just waiting for med docs from the army. I'm getting all excitied about doing basic again which is quite sick really seeing as I've done it all before.

Back