• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ex bootie wants to join as pilot

• Thread starter Thread starter Wishful thinking
  • Start date Start date
W

Wishful thinking

Really wanted to be a pilot since a kid now i got the education nothign to stop me. But got a few questions?

What is the training period? does'nt specify on website
How tough is the phys (harder the better I like it rough) :rolleyes:
What does a pilot officer do apart from fly?
What degree do they expect you to have
How good does your maths have to be

Sorry for so many questions lads

D

Dazbo

You still in as a Bootie??

There are a couple of Bootneck Harrier pilots who have fought in Afghan as Troop Cdrs, and then returned as Pilots.

Ref the degree question i was told once by a Sqn Ldr that "Universities dont do degrees in blowing s**t up, which is what we do"

W

Wishful thinking

You still in as a Bootie??

There are a couple of Bootneck Harrier pilots who have fought in Afghan as Troop Cdrs, and then returned as Pilots.

Ref the degree question i was told once by a Sqn Ldr that "Universities dont do degrees in blowing s**t up, which is what we do"

Nahah am ex, aye some special officers can train as pilots but slim chance and to late for corps commisson.

Blowing stuff up you read my mind

K

Krusty_Crab

Really wanted to be a pilot since a kid now i got the education nothign to stop me.
Age?? If you're over 23 then you'll need to excel at the aptitude tests, show first class leadership skills and be highly articulate - no spelling or grammatical errors on your application!! If you're over 25 - too old!

What degree do they expect you to have
None

How good does your maths have to be
Officially GCSE Grade C...but to get in you need to be able to do speed/distance/time calcualtions like you've got GCSE Grade A* or 'A' level.

Last edited:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Have you thought of coming to us as Non-Commissioned Aircrew? Whilst they're not pilots, they probably have the best job spec in the RAF and have a more hands-on job than pilots do. Also, NCA who want to commission as pilots can enter training at a much higher age, comencing by their 31st birthday IIRC. A lot of people come to the RAF from the other services into the NCA branch and really get on and enjoy it. Also, the age limit for entry into NCA service is 36. Something to consider maybe?

Last edited:
Back