• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Excel help

please help !!!!!!
i'm running a fantasy football league using excel , and it's the same old thing the more competant you get with something the more you want to fiddle. all i want the program to do is automatically add colour to a cell in column I depending on the players code is in column J. it's something to with conditional formatting, i've had a play but i can't get it to work.

Col I Col J
Pos'n Code
KEEP 1001
DEF 2001
DEF 2002
DEF 2003
DEF 2004
MID 3001
MID 3002
MID 3003
STR 4001
STR 4003
STR 4004​

i know the easy answer is to do it myself every time i need to but........:PDT_Xtremez_15:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
please help !!!!!!
i'm running a fantasy football league using excel , and it's the same old thing the more competant you get with something the more you want to fiddle. all i want the program to do is automatically add colour to a cell in column I depending on the players code is in column J. it's something to with conditional formatting, i've had a play but i can't get it to work.

Col I Col J
Pos'n Code
KEEP 1001
DEF 2001
DEF 2002
DEF 2003
DEF 2004
MID 3001
MID 3002
MID 3003
STR 4001
STR 4003
STR 4004​

i know the easy answer is to do it myself every time i need to but........:PDT_Xtremez_15:

using conditional format, go to the drop down menu and select equal too, then type your code. failing that add the spreadsheet to this thread and
I will do it.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Problem solved and I don't even have a NERD tag!!

I knew my useless Excel knowledge would come in handy someday.

no i'm still using 2000.

thx for the offer of help but NotAnIDOYet got in there before you and has sorted it for me

it's so easy when you know how :S

thx again for the help

:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Back