• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

F@H question

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I think I can find a 'spare' PC, but it's not on the net.
Is there a way of getting it to dump its results to a floppy and load those results on to my machine for upload?

:PDT_Xtremez_17:

PS. If this question is in the wrong thread, please move it as necessary.
Thank you.

M

monobrow

I think I can find a 'spare' PC, but it's not on the net.
Is there a way of getting it to dump its results to a floppy and load those results on to my machine for upload?

:PDT_Xtremez_17:

PS. If this question is in the wrong thread, please move it as necessary.
Thank you.

Not that I know of. And after a little looking round, it seems it can't be done. The software picks one of a few servers to grab the files from, folds the stuff, then kicks it to a results server, making it a right royal pain in the harris to download the work, then set the client to see it, then send it back again to the right results server.

You'd be better off getting a £6.99 wireless card for it ::D:

Last edited:
B

bigfella

Get yourself a cheap Network Card of the bay (link) and get it on t'internet so it can do it's thing.

fine upstanding work! good luck.

Back