• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Failing Net speeds.

• Thread starter Thread starter mad_mo
  • Start date Start date
Y

Yossarian

1291 KBPS. Which, considering it's a low usage time of the day, and I live less than 12 miles from the big server thingy, is quite sh!t.

Up to 8 megs my ar5e.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts

1291 KBPS. Which, considering it's a low usage time of the day, and I live less than 12 miles from the big server thingy, is quite sh!t.

Up to 8 megs my ar5e.

A bit better than mine mate, I think mine is normally around the 900 mark, I'll try it again on the weekend.

TACAN

Corporal
Actually, for once I think it's a pretty accurate article. Unless you are a commercial customer or lucky enough to have fibre into your dwelling, the the list of "Factors affecting Speed" is pretty well spot on and will materially affect your BB. Add to that, as some ISP's regularly employ "throttling" ( even though they will deny it ) the average downstream rate at around the 2-3 meg is probably kosher..

K

Kernow

The various companies are up front from the outset that speeds are up to 8MB and that there are various factors which will affect your speeds. However it would be good to see a staged pricing plan which is dependent on speeds so 1-2MB would be £5, 2-3MB £8 and so on.

I think mine sits at around 4MB which ideal for what I do at home.

M

maninthevan

I think mine sits at around 4MB which ideal for what I do at home.

4mb..? 4mb..? Jesus, I only dream of speeds like that!! It took my just under 6 months of arguing with BT (Sorry that should be Indian Telecom) to get them to upgrade my service from 512kb to 1mb. I was promised that I would be able to connect at 4mb by one of a host of engineers who visited my house. I was put on Broadband Max which promptly then dropped my speed to just over 100kb!!! Took months to get it sorted. Mind did get £90 for cost of phonecalls made even though they were on 0800 numbers!!

BT = Robbing Useless Tw@ts

K

Kernow

4mb..? 4mb..? Jesus, I only dream of speeds like that!! It took my just under 6 months of arguing with BT (Sorry that should be Indian Telecom) to get them to upgrade my service from 512kb to 1mb. I was promised that I would be able to connect at 4mb by one of a host of engineers who visited my house. I was put on Broadband Max which promptly then dropped my speed to just over 100kb!!! Took months to get it sorted. Mind did get £90 for cost of phonecalls made even though they were on 0800 numbers!!

BT = Robbing Useless Tw@ts

Tell you what, I'll swap with you. You take my 4MB speed and I will take your posting! LOL

MingMong

Warrant Officer

Up to 8 megs my ar5e.

I would take the results of most speed test sites with a pinch of salt. This morning within a half hour period I have had results ranging from 6.5M to 2M on my 'up to' 8M connection.
I judge how well my connection is working by the rate it will actually download large files from the internet (around 700KB/sec for me).

BTW, on speedtest.net I got 3811 Kb/s

M

mad_mo

164117923.png

Whatever that means!.

M

maninthevan

OK I will up the offer to 6MB:PDT_Xtremez_31:

Ok, getting tempted now...

HOWEVER, you do have to take Scaleywife and the 2 mini MITV's with you.

Only joking sweetheart if you happen to stumble across this post!!

G

grumpyoldb

OK, I just tried it again, and it's going up and down like O'ers knickers on a Saturday night..............:PDT_Xtremez_31:

K

Kernow

The above is Southampton - London. The below is Southampton - Dublin!!!

164121120.png

Is this test for real?????

I can't see the Speed test site, it doesn't offer software to boost your speeds does it. Most test software is designed to give you a sh1tty reading so that you purchase/use their software.

K

Kernow

Ok, getting tempted now...

HOWEVER, you do have to take Scaleywife and the 2 mini MITV's with you.

Only joking sweetheart if you happen to stumble across this post!!

UMMMMMMM nah you are ok mate!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

same here

Back