• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast track technical trades...does it work?

Fast track technical trades...does it work?

• For sure - this is the way we are moving anyhow.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Not really; any engineer is an engineer

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • God, No way. I knew them, and they have as much eng savvy as a ginsters pasty.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Pretty much indistinguishable from any other trade. Could be confused for a mover.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
OK, been thinking of exploring this for a while but we are a way down the road from the old Super Tech, Appo and DE entrant.

Is it all about the individual or was the whole concept just one huge act of onenism on the part of the technical trades?

What was your experience of the post-trained dude...indistinguishable from the next LAC or perhaps with a spark of something else?

Give it.......

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
OK, been thinking of exploring this for a while but we are a way down the road from the old Super Tech, Appo and DE entrant.

Is it all about the individual or was the whole concept just one huge act of onenism on the part of the technical trades?

What was your experience of the post-trained dude...indistinguishable from the next LAC or perhaps with a spark of something else?

Give it.......

The Navy and Army have fast track technicians. Unlike the RAF, they are able to achieve SNCO rank very quickly. In my experience, they are a mixed bag; some were very good putting many more experienced SNCOs to shame, others were absolute muppets barely able to use a spanner.

I bet if they introduced a similar system for the RAF, you would see much the same.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
"Is it all about the individual or was the whole concept just one huge act of onenism on the part of the technical trades?"

It was just a cost cut you numpty!

They got new bodies to do two JTs jobs for one SACs wages.

Now...what can they do about the Chiefs...

Realist78

Master of my destiny
"Is it all about the individual or was the whole concept just one huge act of onenism on the part of the technical trades?"

It was just a cost cut you numpty!

They got new bodies to do two JTs jobs for one SACs wages.

Now...what can they do about the Chiefs...

Re read the Op Rigga, expand please as the above doesn't make sense.

Back