• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

few questions from an old young un

cobbler

LAC
hi all
thinking of joining the reserves as a gunner , ive always wanted to join but life has got in the way

heres my dilema , i have no miltary ex , im pushing 40 years old
i think from what ive read that my age shouldnt be to much if an issue as such as long as im fit enough

im active enough still playing footy weekly and abit of mixed martal arts all though thats getting harder lol

i dont expect miracles and its not about money as id join for no pay
for me i just want to have the life as a reserve and if i get to travel and learn some bits along the way ..great

i am also tatooed so im worried that may stop me before i begin allthougn none on neck or hands and nothing would show in uniform
but some are down as far as my wrist

i want to do this because i want the experience and to be a part of something

is there anyone who started out at my age that could give me any advise of how they got on

cheers people

phil

northampton