• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finances vetting

• Thread starter Thread starter tinkerlolly
  • Start date Start date
T

tinkerlolly

Hi guys, was wondering if I could tap you up for a bit of advice?

I have a personal loan that is technically in 'arrears', although I have a payment plan set up with the bank. Whilst I am hoping to have this sorted by the time I apply for the RAF (which will be around September next year) just in case I haven't, I was wondering if any one knows what kind of thing will prevent a person from proceeding past the vetting? Is it only CCJ's and bankruptcy or do arrears count? will they take the payment plan into consideration? I have spoken to my local AFCO but they were unable to help. Any advice any one can give me would be much appreciated!

Also, I will be applying for RAFP, in the interview, is detailed knowledge of individual aircraft required, or is this only for those in roles in direct contact with the aircraft in question?

Many thanks guys, look forward to hearing from you all.

Chris

R

RockapeRob64

I have a personal loan that is technically in 'arrears', although I have a payment plan set up with the bank. Whilst I am hoping to have this sorted by the time I apply for the RAF (which will be around September next year) just in case I haven't, I was wondering if any one knows what kind of thing will prevent a person from proceeding past the vetting? Is it only CCJ's and bankruptcy or do arrears count? will they take the payment plan into consideration? I have spoken to my local AFCO but they were unable to help. Any advice any one can give me would be much appreciated!

Also, I will be applying for RAFP, in the interview, is detailed knowledge of individual aircraft required, or is this only for those in roles in direct contact with the aircraft in question?

Chris

When I was in many moons ago debt and defaulting on loans etc was taken a very dim view of.......I have to hold my hands up and admit that I did indeed default on a small loan and they contacted the RAF. My CO hauled me over the coals big time and they deducted the money from my pay until the debt was settled......I wasn't given an option which now I look back was fair enough.

As you have a payment plan setup at least you are showing you have the nounce to try to resolve you problems all I can say is don't default on your payment plan.

From what I remember there is no requirement for RAFP to know specific aircraft but I would suggest that as your joining the RAF its always a good idea to have a general knowledge of them.

The only other criteria is be prepared to only have other RAFP as you mates cos everyone else will hate you :PDT_Xtremez_30: good luck

Drill Bit

Sergeant

I have a personal loan that is technically in 'arrears', although I have a payment plan set up with the bank. Whilst I am hoping to have this sorted by the time I apply for the RAF (which will be around September next year) just in case I haven't, I was wondering if any one knows what kind of thing will prevent a person from proceeding past the vetting? Is it only CCJ's and bankruptcy or do arrears count? will they take the payment plan into consideration? I have spoken to my local AFCO but they were unable to help. Any advice any one can give me would be much appreciated! It's a tricky question; the RAF have adopted a hands off approach to personal finances unless you are likely to bring the RAF into disrepute or you financial situation is likely bring your integrity into question (open to bribes).

Also, I will be applying for RAFP, in the interview, is detailed knowledge of individual aircraft required, or is this only for those in roles in direct contact with the aircraft in question? Given that you want to join the RAF, I'd suggest that a general appreciation of our aircraft and their role(s) would be advisable. The more you know the better; afterall places are limited and competition is high.

T

tinkerlolly

That's great guys, many thanks.

Also: "The only other criteria is be prepared to only have other RAFP as you mates cos everyone else will hate you good luck"

LOL, I thought this might be the case so yes, I am prepared, lol.

Thanks for the help.

Back