• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Firefox will not start

I have been running Firefox without problem for about 18 months. Now all of a sudden it will not start up when I click on the icon.
It just comes up with a box saying:

'Firefox has stopped working.
A problem caused Firefox to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available'

I have AVG anti-virus installed. Running Vista home.

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks.

I have right clicked the icon & the options are:

Browse the internet
Firefox options
Firefox safe mode
Remove from this list

I have tried them all except the last one & it still comes up with:

I have restored my comp to a few weeks back, turned off the windows firewall & AVG briefly but still it refuses to load.
I'm stumped!

M

monobrow

open start menu, right click on your computer and click manage. In there have a good look at the application logs for clues as to why it's failing. Generally there is a load more info here than you are shown on screen which can be shoved into google for a bit more diagnosis.

Drill Bit

Sergeant
I have right clicked the icon & the options are:

Browse the internet
Firefox options
Firefox safe mode
Remove from this list

I have tried them all except the last one & it still comes up with:

I have restored my comp to a few weeks back, turned off the windows firewall & AVG briefly but still it refuses to load.
I'm stumped!

When I right click on my desktop shortcut I get the the option to run as admin (see scrren dump); but you may already be using your admin account, I don't go online logged in as an admin.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
M

Monkey Bumhead

try a reinstall, all your bookmarks/settings etc will still be there

sitch76

LAC
If you can see run as whilst right clicking, hold down the shift key and then right click, you should see it then

Back