• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Post Career Help

• Thread starter Thread starter EddietheEagle
  • Start date Start date
E

EddietheEagle

Hi all

This is my first post on E-Goat, I am currently a 22 year old civvie looking for a military career, i have pretty much been doing real good in my civvy job however the pay is terrible and its time for a change.

As i was planning to go officer in my military career i have been planning to go back to college and get 180 ucas points. " i have a HNC but MOD wont recognise it"

However my attention has recently been heavily drawn towards WSo Linguist.
This seems like a pretty decent job and one that fits in with my plans in life, i really do wanna work intelligence side of things.

So a few questions.... firstly are RAF recruiting in this position just now?

Secondly if they arnt can i apply and just wait?

Thirdly i already have suitable entry requirements ......would going to get my 180 ucas points be beneficial anyway ( pay range and stuff)?

Anything i should start doing, besides gettin real fit... that will look good when i apply.?

What are the odds of getting posted to Scotland?

And before i am swiftly told to go see AFCO, i am gonna call up tomorrow and book a visit.. just wanna see if i can get some info here first.

Thanks

Eddie ( Go team GB)
:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Last edited:
E

EddietheEagle

Okay,anyone here to help now that its a bit of a better hour?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Morning

Morning

Weapons Systems Operator Linguist is currently closed and not likely to open in the near future, if you are in a rush to get in to the RAF then look at either Int An or Int An V both of which should open before the summer gets in to full swing.

You can always apply for WSOp (L) or Int Officer from within the service and the requirement for the 2 A levels (180 UCAS points) diminishes with time served.

If you ring your AFCO they will ask you some questions then pass you onto a call centre who will take your details and keep in touch with you, when you get any kind of message from them telling you the trade is open reply asap or the door may close before you get chance to fill in your application.

Good Luck

E

EddietheEagle

Thanks very much, all eyes on my email inbox now..... cheers

R

recruiter131

Hi there

where are you from, HNC may go towards other quals that you are short of depending on HNC type.

Back