• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitters course 20 years ago

bigred1

SAC
Sat in my office here in the desert (Egypt at the moment) contemplating home for christmas and the world cup next year!

I suddenly dawned on me this time in 89 I was on my FT at Halton having a ball. :0
AEF112, August 89 to September 90 .:PDT_Xtremez_09:
To the guys on that course I salute you. We did drink an awful lot and got into a fair share of scrapes!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Met some good guy's and some not so good!

I wish you all well and a very merry Xmas:PDT_Xtremez_30:

I wonder whatever happened to Stavros:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Congrats BR1,
And well done.

You've reminded me that, at this time of year, I too was on my Fitters Course.
AAF42 Halton October 1979 - May 1980

beer

SAC
Kev

You smalley boy!

Feb 79 - Oct 79 APF 17 Ya Bass!!! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

King & Queen - ra, ra, ra! :PDT_Xtremez_34: :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Beef

P

pie sandwich

Kev

You smalley boy!

Feb 79 - Oct 79 APF 17 Ya Bass!!! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

King & Queen - ra, ra, ra! :PDT_Xtremez_34: :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Beef

You think thats a smally,
In that time I went from being an embro to wearing nappies

B

Bucc Boy

Sat in my office here in the desert (Egypt at the moment) contemplating home for christmas and the world cup next year!

I suddenly dawned on me this time in 89 I was on my FT at Halton having a ball. :0
AEF112, August 89 to September 90 .:PDT_Xtremez_09:
To the guys on that course I salute you. We did drink an awful lot and got into a fair share of scrapes!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Met some good guy's and some not so good!

I wish you all well and a very merry Xmas:PDT_Xtremez_30:

I wonder whatever happened to Stavros:PDT_Xtremez_34:

God it's so long ago but I was on AEF 111. August 89 to September 90 for me too........very hazy period though! Pis5ed for the vast majority of the time. I am trying to think of who was on 112. I seem to remember there was a big red 1 on 112, didn't think he supported Everton though.

They were the days, I don't know how we did it!! Was talking to Mr 'dukes of hazard' last week as it happens, another of your 112ers I believe.

bigred1

SAC
Dukey was indeed one of our best Bush jumpers I can testify. He also had no small part in the p**s incident in the footy club.:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Happy Daze:PDT_Xtremez_30:

B

Bucc Boy

APF 52------- 1984

Benny Green
Brian Parsons
Charlie Hornig

Cracking time down at the K&Q

Ah so the infamous Cpl 'This is how to sit a Tristar on its asre' Sootie was on your course then.

matkat

SAC
APF 59 Jan-July 83, sitting in my hotel room in Ahwaz, SW Iran listening to talk sport and contemplating returning mome for xmas next wednesday.
DMc

G

gemarriott

Oct 78/April 79 for me at Halton for work

RAF Stanbridge for bed and board and Wrafs.

icarus

LAC
Ah so the infamous Cpl 'This is how to sit a Tristar on its asre' Sootie was on your course then.

Bucc Boy

Could have sworn it was a VC10 whose nose pointed majestically into the moring fog.:PDT_Xtremez_21:

G

gemarriott

7 months for a plumber fitter’s course??!!

I assume that includes 4 months of guard Gem!

The very end of of October, 2 weeks out for Christmas and 2 weeks out for Easter just a tad under 6 months for the course and you know full well in the cold war RAF guard was an ancillery duty not something we armament gods partook in.

B

Bucc Boy

Bucc Boy

Could have sworn it was a VC10 whose nose pointed majestically into the moring fog.:PDT_Xtremez_21:

Icarus you are right of course, once again I find myself talking accidental b0llox in a public forum. It was indeed a VC10 and the man in question shall now be named as the Cpl 'This is how to sit a VC10 on its asre' Sootie!!

Back