• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flt Ops Officer

• Thread starter Thread starter reccemaster
  • Start date Start date
R

reccemaster

Hi Guys,

I have recently taken the AST for WSOp and unfortunately didn't get the score required.

I had always had a backup plan which was Flt Ops Officer. I've done research (restricted to internet and forums) around the trade and on a commission. I feel that the trade is a good fit for my previous civilian career experiences in Operational Management, my age (nearly 32) and personal style etc.

I am currently considering my next move, Plan A or switching to Plan B. Obviously I want to make the most educated and informed decision I can, which includes understanding the positives and negatives.

I am also in the process of trying to arrange a station visit but would also like the forums thoughts on the trade of FOO.

Following searches on this and other forums, I notice some trade bashing and banter which I expected and would worry if it didn't exist. This does however, now date back to 2009 and held views that Flight Ops was a last chance trade and that possible cuts would remove it from the service altogether. Seeing as we are now a year on from those posts, I was wondering if peoples opinions had changed or remained the same?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Private message Fomz, he's a flight ops officer and I'm sure he'll be delighted to help.

Back