• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fulfilling my duties when registering for EGoat

awake2

LAC
Hello,

Just thought I'd say a quick "howdy" as I have just registered. I do have a question or two to ask about the Regiment if anyone can assist?!

awake2

LAC
Thanks for the welcome and yes, there is a lot of info in the recruitment section so thank you for directing me there (still getting to know the website). My question however is not based on any of the training or anything of that note but it is more of a general feeling thing.

Allow me to explain.

I am 34 and have always had aspirations of joining the regiment. However I did things differently. I wanted to get out there and do as much as possible then finish my career off doing the one thing I always wanted to do. I now face 2 options:

1) Do I join as a gunner? My only question here is "am I going to be seen as too old"? I know the max age limit is 35 but you get what I mean, hopefully.

2) Do I join as an officer? Although again I am eligible, would I be seen as too old and the gaffers at OASC and indeed PROC would prefer me to join as a gunner.

Hey I'm open for both but I obviously wanted a bit of wisdom and advice to help me choose the most "risk-free" route in doing this as I will only have this one shot.

beowulf

Sergeant
Both good and valid questions. But post them into the recruitment forum. People activly look at that for these questions and they will be better at helping you.

This thread will get locked eventually anyway as they won't want the answers being posted and making the thread too long.

And welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.