• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gen Tech Mechanical

nedman777

LAC
Hi, i applied to join the raf as a general technician mechanical. I passed my intelligence test, medical and fitness test. I have been waiting since September for a Pre recruit training 2 night coursr. I was given a date for one, and a basic start date, which were both taken from me, because they decided not to recruit for this role.

Basically i just wanted to know if anyone is aware what is going on with this trade? When i speak to the afco they've told me they have no info they can tell me. Will they need people for this role? Has it undergone large cuts? I just cant wait to start since my job makes me die inside. And it would just be so much more bearable waiting if i just had a small idea of how long i have left to wait!

Thanks

Last edited:

mike_d

LAC
Hey there,

I am applying for weapon technician, ive been waiting since the very start of November for a PRTC date, I realise its not as long, but just thought id let you know there's a few fellas I know going for wep tech too that had dates taken away from them and they are back to waiting along with me.. I think our trades were just massively recruited, and its based on numbers and phase 2 availability.. apparently a 6-7 month wait for my role is nothing.. maybe people usually wait fairly long for our trades? not so sure.. if you go on the RAF careers page on facebook and post this, there maybe some other people in the same position as us, but for your trade choice.. hang in there, we will be called on when ready.. just keep it up! :pDT_Xtremez_26: