• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

General Advice - RAFP

Josh7563

LAC
Hi everyone,
It keeps telling me I've never posted so I thought now is a good of a time as any.

I've been wanting to join the Air Force for about 6 months now and have spent the time volunteering and fundraising for the RAFBF, my local Police Authority and building up my knowledge on all things RAF whilst also keeping my fitness high.
I'm currently waiting patiently for the RAF Police NCO role to open (a competitive one I realise) but I'm trying to see what else I should be doing to give myself 'the edge'.
I read on the careers website that as long as you demonstrate the qualities and character they look for you shouldn't have too many problems but anything to stand out and show the recruiters you're serious has got to be a bonus.

Any suggestions you've got would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers!
Josh

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Josh7563

Congratulations on your first post.

I'm not RAFP but you do seem to be doing all the right things. At the moment, fitness is King so keep it up.
It is worth considering having a 2nd choice of branch/trade just in case but don't drop your sights on RAFP if thats what you really want.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
Make a portfolio of your RAFBF activities. A few piccies and words to show your organisational qualities, e.g. the stall setup, cheque presentation, etc.

Keep up on current affairs at local, national, and international levels.

Good luck!!

Josh7563

LAC
Thanks for the advice!

SoonToLeave
Yeah I'm looking at all my options to make sure I'm making the right decision and as a backup should I need one.
The fitness is a big factor eh? I'm trying to get as fit as I can so I can make Halton that bit easier.

needsabiggerfuse
That's a really good idea actually, would be good to have everything in a folder to show at interview etc. Plus my regional fundraiser said she can always write letters of thanks for me to keep and collect. It would be cool to just hand over a big folder full of photos/letters.
Yeah, now I've started to switch on at the news and really take it in.

Now I play the waiting game, I'll keep you posted :)

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I would say follow the advice already given and keep on top of your fitness.

All the best with getting in :)