• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

General Tech Mechanical

• Thread starter Thread starter Robc90
  • Start date Start date
R

Robc90

Hi,

Does anyone know realistically when this trade will be open again? The careers line have told me it may not even be April, it could be much later in the year :confused:

Also, i have tried searching the forums but could anyone give me a more detailed explanation of what training is like for GTM? Where would i be based? and after training could i try and choose which base i go to?

Any answers greatly appreciated :o

G

grumpy tech

The training is about 16 months (i think) down in the Cardiff area, basicaily if it has an engine and stays on the ground (vehicles and plant equipment)you will have the joys of trying to fix it after "the other shift" has finished breaking it.

As for where you can go to pretty much anywhere, you do get a choice.

As for the trade being closed I have no idea, there was supposed to be a new course starting this month.

But remember without ground power there is no air power :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Good luck getting into the trade

R

Robc90

Thanks for the info, I'm defo going to try and go for it.

Just need to know whats going on with the waiting time :confused:

G

grumpy tech

Get used to the hurry up and wait thing i seems to paert of life :PDT_Xtremez_42::PDT_Xtremez_42:

R

Robc90

Rung the AFCO again today, They think its more likely to more like July now before they even allow you to apply.....

wtf? seems silly how they show adverts still expecting people to apply and theres nothing anybody can do for 7 months :/

/rant over

Back