• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gimme a job

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I'm a sootie who has been in 21 1/2 years now although I've still got until October 2009 until I can bang in my notice which I intend doing unless I can get a job in the South West (Communtable from Swindon area) on something like the A400M IPT at Abbey Wood. I've completely had the life and enthusiasm drained out of me over the last seven years and need a completely new challenge to get me going again.

I have several years of Tornado 1st and 4th line experience, a couple of years on 1st line Tomb, 4-5 years of engine bay experience and several years of experience on the new C130J.

If anyone has any contacts at Abbey Wood or anywhere else that they could introduce me too it would be most appreciated.

G

gemarriott

I reckon you'd be a shoo in for a job with some Sultan or others powered glider squadron mate!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I supppose I could employ you in my company...... you'd have to learn LITS though. ::D:

Well you could have thought about it ! :PDT_Xtremez_31:

One Foot In The Grave?

One Foot In The Grave?

Apparently BBC are thinking of resurrecting and producing a new series of 'One Foot In The Grave.' Rumour has it Richard Wilson has declined the lead part.

Taking into account your thoroughly enjoyable rants each morning whilst in sunnier climes I reckon it's in the bag! The part's yours.

On a serious note you will be sorely missed from 'The Coalface!' I wish you well in your quest!

planesailing

Always a Liney
Gimme a job

Oh no you don`t!

How can you desert after making RAF history.

Do you realise how many of us sad old b*ggers rely on your offices to make our dull day brighter?

Unless you make a definite undertaking to continue as our leader after your RAF service, we will hunt you down and put you back where you belong!

Wish you well old bean, Per Ardua Adastra.

Last edited:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Apparently BBC are thinking of resurrecting and producing a new series of 'One Foot In The Grave.' Rumour has it Richard Wilson has declined the lead part.

Taking into account your thoroughly enjoyable rants each morning whilst in sunnier climes I reckon it's in the bag! The part's yours.

On a serious note you will be sorely missed from 'The Coalface!' I wish you well in your quest!

Thanks mate :)

Hows tricks out there?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
With those many valuable years of well trained sootying under your belt, have you considered being a petrol pump attendant? :PDT_Xtremez_30:

S

suewilldo

Come and work for me as a techie Wobbly! I can train you up on becoming a civvy..the same way I assisted in training you to consume alcohol.
I am sure you will be a quick learner but we will have to do something about the tattooed Sgts chevrons on your shoulders though...lol:PDT_Xtremez_42:

I missed your first post Wobbly,
but it sounds like you have the same "post Op" depression I suffered with. You know... where you spend ages counting down the days to get back home to normality; then when you return to work after PODL, you find out the grass really is greener sandy-side!

Good luck with the jobhunting

JJ

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I missed your first post Wobbly,
but it sounds like you have the same "post Op" depression I suffered with. You know... where you spend ages counting down the days to get back home to normality; then when you return to work after PODL, you find out the grass really is greener sandy-side!

Good luck with the jobhunting

JJ

I'd agree, the grass (cos there is some) is greener, but the tempo of life has just been removed. Just going through the gate of Marham did that!

Have started looking at the jobs sites. 8 CAA modules done does however cheer one up as it was only 3 at the begining of the year!

Back