• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. 2nd time lucky for laptop?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
As some of you may know I bought meself a new laptop after my desktop PC just gave up.
Thought I'd got meself a nice one. It was a Fujitsu Siemens and I thought it would be a trustable brand.
5 days later the keyboard packed up! Phoned the place I bought it from and got put throught to Fujitsu Siemens.
Geezer on the end says right then, if you'd like to press F2 when rebooting we'll see if we can access windows start up blah blah.
OK I say, you do realise I just told you that thekeyboard doesnt work?
I had removed drivers, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled windows etc etc to no avail. Now you want me to press F2 on a keyboard that doesnt work? (I obviously look around me for hidden cameras!)
Reboot, pressing F2. Nah, nothing mate.
Ah, sounds like your keyboard doesnt work then.
No sh1t sherlock. You should work for a computer company!
Sent it back to them by courier. Wait a week. No net access except for going on my nintendo Wii.
Eventually I ring them. Whats going on?
They will return the laptop to me with an authority code so I can take it back to where I bought it and get a replacement or refund.
Turns out that this particular laptop hs sold out. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Trawled the net and now I am the proud owner of a Sony Vaio. Its much better, even though it has half the memory of the other one its quicker as the processor is better.

Still waiting for the other laptop to be returned so I can get me refund to pay for this one!!
Fujitsu Siemens? Its not for me. The after sales is crap! It took a week and a half to get from the 1st call to where I am now.

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
I've always been a Sony Vaio man, never had a prob (touch wood). On my 3rd and 1st 2 still work fine, although quite dated.

Good luck with that 1 MM.

D

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
surprise

surprise

And guess who will be supporting your computers at work, if they dont already????
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fudge It so .... you got to hand it to those at the top. yes I know they all have fancy new computers at home now as a bribe but they wil realise their mistake when it all goes wrong.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
And guess who will be supporting your computers at work, if they dont already????
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fudge It so .... you got to hand it to those at the top. yes I know they all have fancy new computers at home now as a bribe but they wil realise their mistake when it all goes wrong.

You're kidding?
Most of em are Dell's these days. Well the office dwellers get Dell's. Our one terminal for the shifts JPA is an old IBM by the looks of it!
This Sony Vaio is soooooooo much better than the Fujitsu. I just wish I went for this in the 1st place instead of going for one with more RAM.

P

pie sandwich

I bought a packard bell from PC world took it home 2 days later one pixel had dropped from the screen took it back and complained and within 5 min had a new one in my hand and given a station to boot it up to make sure I was happy with it, at time's they can be robbing dumb ba$tards but with service like that I can't complain, and they even changed a usb card I bought 8 months ago in cardiff in dundee with no probs they just checked the SN# and that was it.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
DII (C) (F) or DI (IF) or whatever are indeed supported by Fujitsu, they can't even sell a decent laptop so what chance has the RAF got with them as a prime contractor!!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It is not the numbers that make a nice machine, it is more the way it is put together, choose a brand you can trust and most sh1ty little problems just don't happen.

Always liked the Sony's but have a Macbook (which replaced an iBook) and onced Mac'd you never go back.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
I have a Hewlett Packard Laptop that has given me true and faithfull service. I was a bit dubious at first, having had no dealings with this brand before, but have been impressed with it.

G

gemarriott

I got a gateway laptop from tesco. Works fine.

Just got a dual core somat or other desk top from tescos fast as fook but I had to get a new keyboard, the p and l didn't work that well but I got tescos own brand wireless keyboard and mouse for a pavarotti do I'm happy with that.

Back