• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has any one used their NVQ for AIP as a Cpl?

I never used an AIP as a SAC, I've been told I can't use my NVQ level 3 (aeronautical engineering) as an AIP as a Cpl. There are at least 3 other Cpl's on my Sqn that have used it in the last two years. Has any one else had issues with this?

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
I never used an AIP as a SAC, I've been told I can't use my NVQ level 3 (aeronautical engineering) as an AIP as a Cpl. There are at least 3 other Cpl's on my Sqn that have used it in the last two years. Has any one else had issues with this?

Doesn't this go back as one of the reasons why the treasury is trying to claw back AIP "overpayments" and all this sh1t started in the first place?

Mr SCJ

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Given the current AIP debacle, you may want to get the validity of your NVQ double / triple / quadruple checked (perhaps by God or HRH). Not sure if it's trade specific, but I used my trade NVQ level 2 at JT level back in 2002. I believe the level of qual (eg NVQ2,3,4,5 etc) has to correlate to a specific rank level, and that may be your stoppage - ie level 3 may be to high / low for JNCO (I could be wrong, just guessing really).

I believe there's a JSP / DIN / something that specifically lists what quals are applicable for AIPs for each trade. Ordinarily, I would suggest approaching your local friendly shiny-arse - but then again, given the REASON for the current AIP debacle...

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I thought Level 3 NVQ was ok to use as a JNCO, but Ive been out 10 months now so it may have changed. Im pretty sure that the majority of driving ones I audited in 2012 were NVQ L2 for SACs and L3 for JNCOs.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Ha! I emailed my TS a few year ago and asked about a course i was due to start - they said (in the email) that even though the course is not in the JSP, they will authorise it as an AIP if i complete the course.

I have completed the course and about to take my TS email and qualification into PSF later this week.

Is this going to end in tears??!!!

Just looked at the 2012 copy of JSP 754 that a found on google. If you are TG1 you should be fine.

As previously stated look in the current version of the JSP, then print it out and take it with you to the admin dudes.

ERT

Corporal
If you submitted your application tomorrow, then tomorrows version of the JSP 754 (Pay) is the JSP that you would be claiming against.

If the JSP says that you can, then you can...

Puma

SAC
I was told a NVQ 3 in engineering is acceptable for an AIP as a Cpl as long as it is not the one you got through the RAF.

However as no one actual knows how the AIP system works this could be a load of ****e.

Back