• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Health Restrictions

FlyerBike

LAC
Hi all,

Hope I've posted this in the right bit! Sorry If I haven't..

Reading through the "You can't join if.." PDF, I wanted to see what poeple thought about my past/present health and if it would cause any problems. I will of course talk to my AFCO about this but wouldn't hurt asking on here.

I had childhood asthma which I grew out of (the PDF mentions asthma at any time of life as an issue).
I used to have joint pain due to A LOT of excessive weight which I've since lost.
I also suffer from Eustachian tube disorder and had to have grommits as a child. This just means my ears are very sensitive to any air pressure change and does cause me discomfort during flights/pain if I don't manage it (which I can). Would this cause any issues? I want to be an ATM not a pilot but I'm guessing flying will still be a big part of my career!

Ta!

E

enginesuck

Well the Ear thing may bar you due to ATMs having to pressurise aircraft on the ground whilst running engines without going wibble, even if the Asthma doesn't bar you already, the joint pain will be an issue if you can't pass the fitness test and maintain that level of fitness. I'm not saying its a hopeless cause but you face a few challenges .

Back