• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hello all

• Thread starter Thread starter richie_boy
  • Start date Start date
R

richie_boy

Hello everyone,

Im on here for a bit of advice really.

Im currently an Ammo Tech in the Army however i have been thinking of re-trading for a few months now and would like some information from anybody who has either done it or knows anything about r-trading to a different service.

How easy is the whole process?

Would i be able to keep my current rank (corporal) or will i have to drop?

Will i have to re-do basic training and is it a reduced version or the full package?

Thanks for any help and advise you can give me.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hello everyone,

Im on here for a bit of advice really.

Im currently an Ammo Tech in the Army however i have been thinking of re-trading for a few months now and would like some information from anybody who has either done it or knows anything about r-trading to a different service.

How easy is the whole process?

Would i be able to keep my current rank (corporal) or will i have to drop?

Will i have to re-do basic training and is it a reduced version or the full package?

Thanks for any help and advise you can give me.

Hi mate....firstly...what trade do you want to join the RAF as?

Secondly, I doubt you would keep your rank, but it may be possible depending on the trade.

AFCO is your best port of call. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

R

richie_boy

im thinking of trying ATC it looks quite interesting and im always up for a new challenge. the main problem i have come up against is that im posted over in Germany and there are no AFCOs over here and trying to even find a member of the RAF is nearly impossible. i will be making a trip to AFCO next time im in the UK though.

Cheers

FOMz

Warrant Officer
So are you thinking of DE ATc or FOA?

If its FOA - you'll drop to being an LAC, if its DE ATC you have to pass NCAITC part 1, before being made A/Sgt (unpaid) and attending JATCC. Pass JATCC and you become substansive Sgt.

As for an AFCO - there should be someone at Rhiendahlen who deals with that sort of thing.

R

richie_boy

Thanks for the heads up on Rhiendahlen i will try and find somebody there. I was thinking of applying for DE ATC as i have all the qualifications it asks for on the RAF website.

You mentioned the NCAITC part 1, is this the entire 10 week course or is part 1 just the initial few weeks and is this course in-leiu of basic training at Halton?

Thanks again for your help with this

Back