• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello! and a quick question

M

Marky

hey guys just a wee hello here as this is my first visit to the forum

ok on to business

ive been registered as wanting to join the RAF for some time now and still waiting lol
but thats not what my question is about

i did 10 weeks of my basic training for the Army just over a year ago before making the ( bad ) decision to quit
almost immediately i regretted this and got myself registered to join the RAF

will this go against me during the recruiting process? i left the Army on good terms, no bad conduct or reprimands and my CO did say she would give a good reference if required ( though it is possible that was just to be polite maybe?)

will an RAF interviewer see me as a quitter and not worth wasting time with considering recruit places seem to be in such short supply these days?

sorry for the long boring post lol

ZBM2

LAC
It shouldn't go against you. If asked why you quit just answer honestly.

I am not sure how old you are and whether you quit due to feeling home sick or were just not mentally prepared enough.

However, in the current climate of defence cuts, recruitment has taken a hit. The fact that you quit Army recruit training may be taken into account but it will not bar you from joining the RAF. What the recruiter wants is someone who is confident, mature, committed and has the grey cells to make it in the Force and chosen trade.

Good luck with you application! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Army training is far more physically demanding than that of the RAF and the fact you got through 10 weeks of it will say a lot about you in regards of fitness, determination and ability to cope with service life. Be honest when asked about why you left and why you think you are better suited to the RAF.

The fact you left the Army on good terms and your CO is happy to give you a good reference will stand you in very good stead.

All the best in your application.