• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello! And some advice please...

K

kiriyama

Hi all,

Just a bit of background about me I suppose! I'm a 25 y/o MA Graduate (Film & Media Studies, nothing remotely useful!) and I'm currently working full time in London. Due to some major personal changes and constant lack of job security, I've decided that the time is right to pursue a career in the RAF. It's something that I've thought about on and off for a long time now, and I feel that the time is right to pursue a different direction.

I've currently registered my interest for an Intelligence Officer role as was suggested by the RAF Careers site in light of my qualifications and I have been assured that applications for that role will be opening soon. But I think it might be more beneficial for me to go in from the ground up as an Intelligence Analyst and prove myself that way. I'm not entirely confident that I currently posess the leadership skills that they will be seeking from me. If I truly am exceptional, then I hope that would be picked up on!

Any advice would be brilliant, thanks :)

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi all,

Just a bit of background about me I suppose! I'm a 25 y/o MA Graduate (Film & Media Studies, nothing remotely useful!) and I'm currently working full time in London. Due to some major personal changes and constant lack of job security, I've decided that the time is right to pursue a career in the RAF. It's something that I've thought about on and off for a long time now, and I feel that the time is right to pursue a different direction.

I've currently registered my interest for an Intelligence Officer role as was suggested by the RAF Careers site in light of my qualifications and I have been assured that applications for that role will be opening soon. But I think it might be more beneficial for me to go in from the ground up as an Intelligence Analyst and prove myself that way. I'm not entirely confident that I currently posess the leadership skills that they will be seeking from me. If I truly am exceptional, then I hope that would be picked up on!

Any advice would be brilliant, thanks :)

Aim high and let them knock you down...You have pretty much no idea what qualities you have until we start to unwrap them during selection and training...You might surprise yourself when you step up to the plate at OASC and really enjoy it...we might not like what we see and advise you of a new route to take or even a different branch.

Hold your nerve and use the degree you have to open the doors that mean you will have better working terms and conditions...if you end up going down the non-com route at least you can say you tried.

K

kiriyama

That's great advice, thanks :) I suppose it will just give me more time to blast away at getting myself into shape and all of my research down to a tee!