• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello from the UAS

macman

LAC
Hi, I am currently on a UAS (I won't say which but it is the best UAS) and I'm facing a bit of a conundrum. When I originally joined the UAS I thought I wanted to be a Pilot, however I have really enjoyed the infantry training that we do and I think I could see myself in that kind of trade.

However, I don't know whether to go RAF Regiment or Marine. I have reasons for and against each one, at the moment I'm leaning on the Regiment but the Marines do look appealing. I have about 2 months to make my decision when I have to put the paperwork in for a RAF trade, so I'm taking my time with this decision.

Ideally I would like to stay RAF, so the Regiment would seem the way to go. Also I could go II squadron and be para trained and if I got lucky I could do the all arms commando course.
However, the Marines are the BEST. And I don't know if I would regret going regiment down the road as I would always know that the Marines are the 'Big 1'. Also I could go the Pilot route and try and become a Royal Marine Pilot.

So basically, any help you guys could give me would be awesome. And I know I am making some big assumptions here about training and fitness and things, but I'm pretty determined so whichever way I go I will succeed.

(Before any of you say that I can't be an indecisive infantry officer, I know this. However I am taking my time with this decision as it will determine the next 10 - 15 years of my life)