• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello, goodbye!

Astyanax

LAC
Hello everyone decided to make a quick intro thread to say hi and thanks to all the goaters for the help and info they've given me.

I start my 9 weeks basic at Halton tomorrow so I won't be around for a while but when I'm done with that I'll definitely be back on e-goat as a regular.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cya in 9 weeks!

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Good luck...

There are few things that I can remember with such clarity as that cold February afternoon when we arrived from the train station at Swinderby (the training depot in those days), the confusion, the haircut, the ball of lead in your stomach as you wondered what the hell you'd got yourself into!

Over 25 years on and not long left I can say with complete confidence that the learning process for survival and success begins as you get on the train to travel to Halton...Pin your ears back and for a while button your lips unless its a given you have to say something...everyday you hack, it gets easier...Before you know it you are fitter, more confident and marching off the parade square and onto the next stage!

Astyanax

LAC
Thanks for the words of encouragment I've been looking forward to this for a while now but now I'm actually a day away I'm feeling a little apprehensive as it's a pretty big step in my life. I'm sure i'll forget my worries after the first day or two!

Thanks again for the kind words.

Fairynuff31

Corporal
Keep your ears open and ypur gob shut
Keep your head down and crack on

It does get easier them more you do.

Good luck and here's to your long and brilliant future...