• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello - Looking to join

• Thread starter Thread starter Rockape_86
  • Start date Start date
R

Rockape_86

Hello all, i've recently become bored with my work and fancy changing thing's about in my life, so i decided to start looking into the armed forces looked at the RAF website, Navy and Army but i'm feeling inclined toward the RAF.
I was looking through the job option's and the one's that appealed to me were the RAF regiment, Police and Intelligence analyst.

At the moment i would say the RAF regiment is the one that appeal's to me the most but if i wanted to say do sometime in the RAF regiment and then change jobs would that be allowed/easy to do. (I'm getting a little ahead of myself i know)

Just one other question i was just wondering what the fitness requirment's are for the RAF regiment?

Any answer's would be gratefully appreciated.

I

ICATQ

Hello all, i've recently become bored with my work and fancy changing thing's about in my life, so i decided to start looking into the armed forces looked at the RAF website, Navy and Army but i'm feeling inclined toward the RAF.
I was looking through the job option's and the one's that appealed to me were the RAF regiment, Police and Intelligence analyst.

At the moment i would say the RAF regiment is the one that appeal's to me the most but if i wanted to say do sometime in the RAF regiment and then change jobs would that be allowed/easy to do. (I'm getting a little ahead of myself i know)

Just one other question i was just wondering what the fitness requirment's are for the RAF regiment?

Any answer's would be gratefully appreciated.

Thats quite a diverse in your choices!

I am sure some of the Rocks will let you know what the fitness requirements are.

As for changing trades once your in, that can be quite tricky, it depends alot on how long you have been in, and what trade you are in and want to move to. The Regiment is under manned so getting in there would not be a problem provided you meet the mandatory requirements, however if you decided to move then there would be alot of resistance as they would want to retain you. Not impossible. If you were in say the RAF Police, which is fully manned for junior ranks then there wouldnt be as much of a drama.

Why not visit a Unit or two and see what they do? You will have to complete the potential gunners selection course (or whatever it is called now).

Good luck

:PDT_Xtremez_14:

R

Rockape_86

Thats quite a diverse in your choices!

I am sure some of the Rocks will let you know what the fitness requirements are.

As for changing trades once your in, that can be quite tricky, it depends alot on how long you have been in, and what trade you are in and want to move to. The Regiment is under manned so getting in there would not be a problem provided you meet the mandatory requirements, however if you decided to move then there would be alot of resistance as they would want to retain you. Not impossible. If you were in say the RAF Police, which is fully manned for junior ranks then there wouldnt be as much of a drama.

Why not visit a Unit or two and see what they do? You will have to complete the potential gunners selection course (or whatever it is called now).

Good luck

:PDT_Xtremez_14:

So changing trade is difficult, would you say choosing the right trade straight away is the best thing to do?

I'll have to look into that i didn't realise you could visit unit's, im pretty sure i saw somewhere the RAF regiment would be doing a presentation around London for a week at the start of June i shall try and attend.

Thanks and cheers for the reply.

Back