• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help

• Thread starter Thread starter looking2282
  • Start date Start date
L

looking2282

Hello!

Am thinking of joining the RAF and was just wondering if anyone knew answer to this question.

I am 30 and obviously took my gcse's a long time ago. I got 10 but only got a D in English language, although I got a C in english literature. I have 3 A-levels and a diploma in business and am aiming for commisioned officer

Will they accept this or will i have to retake.

I have contacted them but as its the weekend I don't expect a response until Monday.

THanks for your help!!!!!

K

Krusty_Crab

Hello!

Am thinking of joining the RAF and was just wondering if anyone knew answer to this question.

I am 30 and obviously took my gcse's a long time ago. I got 10 but only got a D in English language, although I got a C in english literature. I have 3 A-levels and a diploma in business and am aiming for commisioned officer

Will they accept this or will i have to retake.

I have contacted them but as its the weekend I don't expect a response until Monday.

THanks for your help!!!!!

Recruiting is very buoyant at the moment and the number of applicants far exceeds the number of places avaialable. As one of the criteria is a GCSE in English language at Grade C or above it will be very easy for the AFCO to reject your application and move on to the next one. Especially as good grammar is one of the qualities expected of an Officer.
By all means check with your AFCO on equivalent qualifications as your Diploma may suffice, but as a back-up I would consider enrolling in English Language GCSE at your local college in September. You probably won't get into the RAF until well into 2010 as we are fully recruited with the exception of Air Traffic Controller, Airspace Battle Manager and Regiment Officer, so you've got time to get that GCSE.

Last edited:
Back