• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi, I'm new to this! Please help I need some advise

• Thread starter Thread starter Joey1980
  • Start date Start date
J

Joey1980

Hi,

I've always wanted to join the RAF but for many reason's I couldn't, I was made redundant a few weeks ago and I thought that this is my perfect oppertunity. I have been trying to get some info from the career helpline but to be honest they haven't been much help, can anyone help me with the following queries as my wife is fine with the idea of me joining BUT 'needs' to know more before she is happy to make the big change which is understandable considering we have a son and another one is on the way.

I am looking to become a supplier and wanted the know the following,
- How long does the application process take?
- How long is the training?
- What rank is a supplier?
- Am I able to get family accomadation when training?
- Roughly how much rent do you have to pay monthly (I will be taking a big pay cut to join)
- Does the rent include council Tax, water rates ect

I know it's a lot of questions but I think I have to 'sell' the idea to the wife as I will be taking a pay cut.

Thanks

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've moved this to the recruiting forums...have a search around and come back with your questions after that, most of your questions have already been answered....

Good Luck.

U

ukhursty

Hi,

I've always wanted to join the RAF but for many reason's I couldn't, I was made redundant a few weeks ago and I thought that this is my perfect oppertunity. I have been trying to get some info from the career helpline but to be honest they haven't been much help, can anyone help me with the following queries as my wife is fine with the idea of me joining BUT 'needs' to know more before she is happy to make the big change which is understandable considering we have a son and another one is on the way.

I am looking to become a supplier and wanted the know the following,
- How long does the application process take?
- How long is the training?
- What rank is a supplier?
- Am I able to get family accomadation when training?
- Roughly how much rent do you have to pay monthly (I will be taking a big pay cut to join)
- Does the rent include council Tax, water rates ect

I know it's a lot of questions but I think I have to 'sell' the idea to the wife as I will be taking a pay cut.

Thanks

Sorry to point out the obvious mate, but all this information is on the RAF website, and can be found pretty easily.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers

Good luck.

Back